You can become involved in several ways. Join as a Member to support the Railway and take advantage of a number of exclusive benefits. Once you become a Member you can then Volunteer and help the railway in your spare time.
Become a Member
It's easy to become a member. Just choose your membership category from the list below, click the link, and download an application form.
Want to visit more often? Take out Premium Membership to get these enhanced benefits which includes travel at some Special Events:
- Free travel on all services (except Santa Specials) as many times as you want
- Up to two children age up to 16 can travel free with you
- Includes travel on special events such as wartime weekend, steam fairs etc. (note that there will be an extra charge for Easter eggs at the Easter Special)
- Automatic annual renewal (subject to provision of standing order)
- Shed and signal box visits (by arrangement)
- Quarterly copies of our magazine (Tiddly Dyke)
- Information and opportunities for volunteering
- To be part of a growing heritage railway – the only standard guage railway in Wiltshire
- Information on special offers for premium members (see magazine)
- Premium membership card
Premium Membership £36 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Premium Concession £30 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK) Concessions include seniors and students in full time education.
How it works:
On satisfactory payment being received, a premium membership card will be issued. Simply produce this at our ticket office on the day of travel to receive your tickets for the full day. Note that you may be asked to provide some proof of identity.
Payment can also be made by annual standing order. Note that you can contribute more than the basic subsciption and as a registered charity we can also benefit with tax aid if you are a tax payer. Please ask for details.
In addition to supporting the Railway you will benefit from:
- A magazine every three months by post
- Free access to the site
- Four free train rides a year on non-Special Event days.
- Full insurance while working on Swindon & Cricklade Railway projects.
Ordinary Adult Membership £15.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Senior Citizen £9.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Couples and Family Membership
Adult Couple Membership £22.50 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Adult+Senior Couple Membership £20.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Senior Couple Membership £14.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Family options £25-£27 (details on form) for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK)
Junior and Student Membership
Junior Membership (under 18) £8.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK) (D.O.B. required)
Student Membership (over 18 + full time education) £8.00 for 12 months (+ £8.00 if outside UK) (D.O.B. required)
Adult Life Membership £175.00 (option to pay over three years)
Please send your completed form and cheque to the Membership Secretary at the address on the form. If you would prefer to pay by Standing Order please download and print a Standing Order FormStanding Order Form
Membership runs from the 1st March and is for 12 months. You may join part-way through the year. To calculate the amount you need to pay for part of the year please use our Pro-Rata Fee Calculator.Fee Calculator