Swordfish is an Andrew Barclay 0-6-0 Saddle Tank Locomotive built in Kilmarnock, Scotland in 1941. Originally built for the Stanton Ironworks Company and used in their ironstone quarries near Kettering, it was sold to a scrap merchant in 1962 before being rescued and stored at two other heritage railways. It came to Blunsdon in 1998 and has been completely restored by S&CR volunteers.
3135 Spartan, built by the Fablok Company in the town of Chrzanów. Spartan arrived here in December 2014. It is the only steam locomotive owned by the S&CR. Spartan was one of 477 locomotives of this type built mainly for industrial work and was last used in Poland at the Skawina Metalworks. It is currently out of service.
This powerful locomotive was built in Swindon and used on heavy coal trains in the South Wales Valleys. It was built in 1924 and when withdrawn in 1964 was sent to Woodhams Scrapyard in Barry. It was restored in 1981 by the Telford Horsehay Steam Trust and has worked hard at many Heritage Railways since then. It is currently on loan to the S&CR.