Swindon &
Cricklade
Railway

Stations on the Railway

Home Events Parties Find us Blunsdon Hayes Knoll The Line News
Drive a loco
Membership
Pictures
Links Page
Site Index
History
Steam on the Railway
Stock list

Diesels on the Railway
Stock list

Rolling stock on the Railway

Stations on the Railway

Hayes Knoll locomotive shed

Blunsdon Station platform was the first to be rebuilt, and is on the site of the original structure. Originally adequate for two-coach trains, an extension has now been added allowing four coaches to be run.



This is the station waiting room - a wooden railway building rescued from Malmesbury and restored on site, with the addition of a solid fuel stove. More recently, a similar building was also saved from a farm the same area, in remarkably good condition. This has been restored for use as a training facility for Railway staff.
Blunsdon station platform
Blunsdon station Waiting Room
Blunsdon Signal Box came from Claydon Junction, and was dismantled and brought to Blunsdon in 1985. Originally fabricated at Derby in 1942, was erected at Claydon on the LMS Bletchley - Oxford line in a record 26 hours. This view shows the box when new steps were being built to meet the Blunsdon platform extension.
Blunsdon signal box
Hayes Knoll is a completely new station built on a new site. This is located where there was enough room to build the new shed.The shed has been designed for locomotive and rolling stock repair and restoration as well as a running shed for the Railway's steam locomotives.
Hayes Knoll station
Hayes Knoll Signal Box came from Rowley Regis in the Birmingham area. First opened in 1887, it was brought to the Swindon & Cricklade Railway and restored in 1995. It is scheduled to become a fully operational signal box along with the one at Blunsdon.
Hayes Knoll signal box
Home Events Parties Find us Blunsdon Hayes Knoll The Line News

Write to us